View all the report titles
View a summary of a chosen report
View the full report in PDF format of a chosen report
Search archive using keywords
Home Page

Colchester Archaeological Trust

CAT Report 714: summary

(Click on report title to view full report in PDF format)

Historic building recording at The Freemasons Arms, 14 Church Street, Rowhedge, Essex, May 2013
by C Lister

Date report completed: May 2013
Location: Rowhedge
Map reference(s): TM 0293 2157
File size: 7970 kb
Project type: Building recording
Significance of the results: *
Keywords: public house

Summary. A programme of building recording was carried out by the Colchester Archaeological Trust on a derelict public house, The Freemasons Arms,14 Church Street, Rowhedge, Essex in May 2013. The work was commissioned by Blyth Property Developments. The Freemasons Arms has its origins as a Victorian house, Wright Villa, built in 1862 and was converted to a beerhouse in 1911 under Daniell Brothers and Company. It was taken over by the Essex brewer Ridleys in August 1999 and closed in 2007.